2. Collecting Personal Information
LexServ may collect information about individuals in four ways:
- Directly from an individual, including by phone, email, mail or internet forms, or in-person contact;
- Indirectly from use of LexServ’s services, websites or applications or attendance at marketing-related events, such as conferences and webinars;
- From another company within our family of companies; and
- From third parties, such as insurance carriers or LexServ’s clients.
LexServ may collect the following categories of personal information about individuals:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, date of birth, gender, address, email address, and phone number;
- Government identifiers, such as Social Security number or driver’s license number;
- Health information, such as medical records, medical conditions, prescription information, and social habits (such as tobacco use, substance use, exercise);
- Family information, such as name of spouse or child;
- Professional or employment information, such as employer name, occupation, and business contact information;
- Insurance information, such as insurance policy information and beneficiaries; and
- Internet information or similar network activity, such as information regarding an individual’s interaction with our websites or applications and marketing analytics (e.g., clicks, opens, and unsubscribes).
LexServ may collect personal information that is subject to certain privacy laws and regulations.
3. Using Personal Information
LexServ may use personal information to:
- Provide client services, such as life settlement servicing and medical records retrieval;
- Maintain data integrity related to our services, including verifying and updating information;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements;
- Distribute marketing and promotional materials, including providing webinars and capturing sales leads;
- Perform financial and accounting activities, including processing and distributing invoices and managing accounts payable;
- Respond to an individual’s request, inquiry, comment and concern;
- Provide technical, financial, product and other support and to help keep LexServ working, safe and secure;
- Provide, evaluate and improve LexServ’s products and services, and develop new products, services and benefits;
- Provide notice of changes or updates to LexServ’s applications, websites, products and services; or
- Identify usage trends and use for data analysis.
We may match or combine personal information with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline, by a predecessor or another company in our family of companies, for the purposes described above.
LexServ may also deidentify or aggregate personal information to create datasets.
4. Sharing Personal Information
- With another company in our family of companies;
- With our service providers, suppliers, contractors, agents and representatives;
- With our clients pursuant to servicing or licensing agreements;
- With third parties, such as insurance carriers or medical facilities; and
- With your business entity sponsor, if you access LexServ’s services, websites or applications under an entity’s agreement (for example, a company, corporation, nonprofit, partnership, bank or other business entity).
LexServ may also share personal information:
- To (i) meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation; (ii) detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues; (iii) enforce and protect our rights and properties; or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees and others; or
- If LexServ or our services, websites or applications, or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
5. Protecting Personal Information
LexServ recognizes the importance of protecting personal information. We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures intended to safeguard personal information.
6. Updating Personal Information
You may request correction of your personal information held by LexServ. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavor to fulfill your request in accordance with our policies, but some personal information may be retained (i) in backup copies for a certain period of time, (ii) as necessary for legitimate business purposes, or (iii) to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Access to personal information that LexServ gathers from certain sources is subject to applicable laws and our data sharing policy.
7. Communicating with You
8. Children’s Privacy
9. Contact Us
Last Revision: 4-19-22